CONVICTS is currently looking for a Social Media Content Creator who can research, produce, shoot and edit their own short-form videos for its social platforms on a monthly basis.
Convicts is a digital media brand and creative studio that aims to make the world a better place through original storytelling. We’re all about the right kind of trouble: the status-quo shaking, rebelliously positive actions, and attitudes that move the needle from bad to good. To this end, we develop and distribute premium original content and programming about the creators, characters, and movements making the kind of trouble in contemporary culture, and we amplify their voices through our cross-channel network that reaches a global community of conscious tastemakers.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous work that proves their skill set. Convicts offices are located in New York, however, this position can be remote, provided that you are able to complete the work remotely.
- High proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Proficiency in After-Effects / Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design skills will be highly advantageous
- Strong background in non-fiction video creation
- Ability to identify, vet, and pitch compelling original and viral stories and film concepts, local and global, that will be shared on Convicts’ social accounts
- Experienced video editor capable of quick turnarounds, with multiple projects on your plate at any given moment
- Videography skills are a plus - if you can use a camera and shoot video yourself.
- Effective communicator and team player who will collaborate with producers, writers, and editors to create compelling work
- Sharp writer who can write punchy intros for on-screen text
- Organized and exemplifies meticulous attention to detail
- Researching, planning, and developing stories and social film concepts
- Correctly procuring third party assets to supplement stories or capturing video yourself for these films
- Writing script, headline, and article for videos
- Editing, implementing motion graphic templates and delivering per specifications
Along the way:
Learn the ins and outs of our world-famous CONVICTS voice.
Be treated with kindness and respect.
Have real fun with real fun people.
Culture is everything at CONVICTS. We believe in working hard, having fun, doing good, and treating everyone with respect. We try not to take ourselves too seriously. But we take our work very seriously. We’re nice people. We hold ourselves to a high standard of creativity, and we expect you to do the same.
Please apply by sending an up-to-date resume, a note about yourself, and examples of your work to JoinCONVICTS@CONVICTS.nyc subject line SOCIAL MEDIA CREATOR
Any applications received without a resume will not be considered.
TROUBLEMAKERS FOR A BETTER WORLD.